SECURITY GUARD TRAINING, MISSISSAUGA
Individuals wishing to apply for a Security Guard license in Ontario must complete a Ministry identified basic training course.
NAHB is proud to be part of this initiative. We are not only an identified training program with the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, but we are also a registered career college with the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities. We have been registered since 1979.
What does this mean for you? It means that upon graduation from our 40 hour Security Guard course, your information will be uploaded to the Ministry website which will then allow you to complete the Security Guard license requirements. It also means that you will have the benefit of our over 30 years of experience in the field of education.
- Introduction to the Security Industry (2 hours)
- The Private Security and Investigative Services Act and Ministry Code of Conduct (2 hours)
- Basic Security Procedures (3 hours)
- Report Writing (2 hours)
- Health and Safety (1 hour)
- Emergency Response Preparation (4 hours)
- Canadian Legal System (3 hours)
- Legal Authorities (14 hours)
- Effective Communications (4 hours)
- Sensitivity Training (3 hours)
- Use of Force Training (2 hours)
*First Aid & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is required (we supply the training).
Total Hours: 40
We offer evening and weekend training (offered most weekends). Please call for details.
$370, including books and supplies. CPR is extra, if required ($80). Most forms of payment accepted.
Free Information Responses within 24 hours
- Correcting Overpayments: How Good Accounting Training Can Ensure Quick Resolutions14 Feb 2018
- Why Online Grocery Shopping Requires Top-Class Supply Chain Training Program Grads7 Feb 2018
- What Are "Talk-in" Clinics? A Quick Intro for Students in Community Services Worker Courses31 Jan 2018
- The Answers to Common Interview Questions You Might Hear After Your PSW Courses24 Jan 2018
- 3 Reasons to Study Office Administration in the New Year17 Jan 2018
- About us
- Your Admission
- Job Search
- Contact Us
- Recent KPI Results (English / French)
- 165 Dundas Street West, 3rd Floor
- Mississauga, Ontario, L5B 2N6
- Phone : 1888.306.0991
- Email : email@example.com
- 31 King Street East, 2nd Floor
- Hamilton, Ontario, L8N 1A1
- Phone: 1.888.446.4649
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 20 Eglinton Ave East, 2nd Floor
- Toronto, Ontario, M4P 1A9
- Phone: 1.866.797.6312
- Accounting and Payroll Administration Diploma
- Business Office Administration Diploma
- Office Administration Diploma