SECURITY GUARD TRAINING, (MISSISSAUGA CAMPUS)
Individuals wishing to apply for a Security Guard license in Ontario must complete a Ministry-identified basic training course.
NAHB is proud to be part of this initiative. We are not only an identified training program with the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services (MCSCS), but we are also a registered private career college with the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development since 1979.
What does this mean for you? It means that upon graduation from our 40-hour Security Guard course, your information will be uploaded to the MCSCS website which will then allow you to complete the Security Guard license requirements. It also means that you will have the benefit of our over 30 years’ of experience in the field of education.
- Introduction to the Security Industry (2 hours)
- The Private Security and Investigative Services Act and Ministry Code of Conduct (2 hours)
- Basic Security Procedures (3 hours)
- Report Writing (2 hours)
- Health and Safety (1 hour)
- Emergency Response Preparation (4 hours)
- Canadian Legal System (3 hours)
- Legal Authorities (14 hours)
- Effective Communications (4 hours)
- Sensitivity Training (3 hours)
- Use of Force Training (2 hours)
*Required First Aid & CPR training is supplied by National Academy.
Total Hours: 40
We offer evening and weekend training (offered most weekends). Please call for details.
$370, including books and supplies. *First Aid & CPR is extra, if required ($80). Most forms of payment accepted.
Free Information Responses within 24 hours
- 4 Signs You Could Be a Perfect Fit for Dental Assistant Training10 Oct 2018
- 5 Tips for Maximizing Attention to Detail When You Become a Legal Office Administrator3 Oct 2018
- The Importance of SCMA and What it means for Pros with Supply Chain Training26 Sep 2018
- Meet Roger Clowater: Police Foundations Training Instructor at NAHB19 Sep 2018
- The Key Differences Between Criminal and Civil Law: An Intro for Those in Police Foundations Programs12 Sep 2018
- About us
- Your Admission
- Job Search
- Contact Us
- Recent KPI Results (English / French)
- 165 Dundas Street West, 3rd Floor
- Mississauga, Ontario, L5B 2N6
- Phone : 1.647.492.6484
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- 31 King Street East, 2nd Floor
- Hamilton, Ontario, L8N 1A1
- Phone: 1.888.446.4649
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Accounting and Payroll Administration Diploma
- Business Office Administration Diploma
- Office Administration Diploma