SECURITY GUARD TRAINING, MISSISSAUGA
Individuals wishing to apply for a Security Guard license in Ontario must complete a Ministry identified basic training course.
NAHB is proud to be part of this initiative. We are not only an identified training program with the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, but we are also a registered career college with the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities. We have been registered since 1979.
What does this mean for you? It means that upon graduation from our 40 hour Security Guard course, your information will be uploaded to the Ministry website which will then allow you to complete the Security Guard license requirements. It also means that you will have the benefit of our over 30 years of experience in the field of education.
- Introduction to the Security Industry (2 hours)
- The Private Security and Investigative Services Act and Ministry Code of Conduct (2 hours)
- Basic Security Procedures (3 hours)
- Report Writing (2 hours)
- Health and Safety (1 hour)
- Emergency Response Preparation (4 hours)
- Canadian Legal System (3 hours)
- Legal Authorities (14 hours)
- Effective Communications (4 hours)
- Sensitivity Training (3 hours)
- Use of Force Training (2 hours)
*First Aid & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is required (we supply the training).
Total Hours: 40
We offer evening and weekend training (offered most weekends). Please call for details.
$370, including books and supplies. CPR is extra, if required ($80). Most forms of payment accepted.
Free Information Responses within 24 hours
- Could Blockchain Become Part of Supply Chains? What Students in Logistics Training Need to Know18 Apr 2018
- Helping Seniors Feel Less Isolated: How You Can Make a Difference During Your PSW Career11 Apr 2018
- What Is Preventative Dentistry? An Overview for Students at Dental Assistant School4 Apr 2018
- 2 Facts About Transportation Geography for Students in Logistics Training28 Mar 2018
- Using Your Personal Support Worker Training to Keep Seniors Safe During Flu Season21 Mar 2018
- About us
- Your Admission
- Job Search
- Contact Us
- Recent KPI Results (English / French)
- 165 Dundas Street West, 3rd Floor
- Mississauga, Ontario, L5B 2N6
- Phone : 1888.306.0991
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- 31 King Street East, 2nd Floor
- Hamilton, Ontario, L8N 1A1
- Phone: 1.888.446.4649
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 20 Eglinton Ave East, 2nd Floor
- Toronto, Ontario, M4P 1A9
- Phone: 1.866.797.6312
- Accounting and Payroll Administration Diploma
- Business Office Administration Diploma
- Office Administration Diploma