PHYSIOTHERAPIST ASSISTANT DIPLOMA
The Physiotherapist Assistant Diploma program has been designed to provide students with a strong foundation to work under the supervision of a Physiotherapist. Current trends in Healthcare restructuring have resulted in shorter hospital stays and more outpatient rehabilitation. Some tasks formerly performed by Physiotherapists are now being delegated to Assistants in an effort to further reduce costs. The demand for Physiotherapist Assistants is expected to increase over the next few years. Inclusive of an 8-week clinical placement period, the program provides a well-rounded combination of theory instruction and practical training from which the student can continually develop and apply their knowledge to skilled tasks and proper assessment procedures.dfgaf Students are taken on field trips and have guest speakers visit the Academy.
|CPR and First Aid||16|
|Canadian Health Care System||20|
|Anatomy, Physiology and Terminology||60|
|Human and Functional Lifespan Development||60|
|Kinesiology and Body Mechanics||40|
|Communication and Patient Care||40|
|Therapeutic Modalities and Physical Agents||40|
|Computers in Health Care||20|
|Career Success Tools||20|
|Professionalism in Rehabilitative Practice||40|
|Introduction to Gerontology||20|
TOTAL PROGRAM LENGTH: 38 weeks, including an 8 week job placement
The Academy is proud of its strong relationships with private clinics, athletic and rehabilitation clinics along with hospital prosthetic departments. We are pleased to locate these placements on the students’ behalf so they are able to concentrate on their academics throughout their 9 months at the National Academy of Health & Business.
Future Career Opportunities
The graduates are prepared to work in the following settings under the supervision of a Physiotherapist:
- Any rehabilitation departments
- Fitness clubs and spas
- Hospitals (areas of physiotherapy, rehabilitation and prosthetics)
- Physiotherapy clinics
- Long term care facilities
- Sports medicine clinics
- Clinics offering chiropractic, homeopathic and naturopathic care
- Recreational therapy facilities
National Academy of Health & Business is one of the few Colleges that will find your placement for you following your in-class training. In the job placement, you will have the opportunity to apply your theoretical skills in a professional setting that will help you gain confidence through hands-on training, and practical experience in a real work setting.
Students are eligible for up to five different funding options, including OSAP (students enrolled in the Physiotherapy Assistant diploma program may be eligible, if qualified, for loans, grants, or awards granted under the Ontario Student Assistance Program), EI, Second Career Payment Plans and even loans facilitated by us. We also accept Aeroplan® Miles and TD Points via HigherEdPoints.
A Day in the Life… (what to expect)
Some or all of the following duties performed by a Physiotherapy Assistant include:
- Physiotherapist Assistants work in a variety of clinical areas such as neurology, orthopedics, and cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary disorders, which may include obstetrics, pediatrics, rheumatology, oncology, sports injuries, geriatrics, and the treatment of patients with burns or in the field of ergonomics.
- Assess patients’ physical abilities through evaluative procedures such as functional ability tests.
- Establish treatment goals, alongside the Physiotherapist, with patients based on physical diagnoses.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of programs of physiotherapy including therapeutic exercise, manipulations, massage, education, the use of electro-therapeutic and other mechanical equipment and hydro-therapy.
- Evaluate effectiveness of treatment plans and modify accordingly.
- Maintain clinical and statistical records and confer with other healthcare professionals.
- Assist in the development and implementation of health promotion programs for patients, staff and the community.
Free Information Responses within 24 hours
- Could Blockchain Become Part of Supply Chains? What Students in Logistics Training Need to Know18 Apr 2018
- Helping Seniors Feel Less Isolated: How You Can Make a Difference During Your PSW Career11 Apr 2018
- What Is Preventative Dentistry? An Overview for Students at Dental Assistant School4 Apr 2018
- 2 Facts About Transportation Geography for Students in Logistics Training28 Mar 2018
- Using Your Personal Support Worker Training to Keep Seniors Safe During Flu Season21 Mar 2018
- About us
- Your Admission
- Job Search
- Contact Us
- Recent KPI Results (English / French)
- 165 Dundas Street West, 3rd Floor
- Mississauga, Ontario, L5B 2N6
- Phone : 1888.306.0991
- Email : email@example.com
- 31 King Street East, 2nd Floor
- Hamilton, Ontario, L8N 1A1
- Phone: 1.888.446.4649
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 20 Eglinton Ave East, 2nd Floor
- Toronto, Ontario, M4P 1A9
- Phone: 1.866.797.6312
- Accounting and Payroll Administration Diploma
- Business Office Administration Diploma
- Office Administration Diploma