Pharmacy Technician Diploma
Accredited Pharmacy Technician College in Mississauga
National Academy of Health & Business is proud to be one of the few chosen colleges in Ontario to be awarded the Accredited Pharmacy Technician status. The award was granted by the Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs (CCAPP).
Be aware of colleges offering the Pharmacy Assistant Diploma Program
This means that our graduates (and only graduates from other CCAPP programs) are eligible to become registered Pharmacy Technicians in Ontario. The duties, responsibilities and compensation for Pharmacy Technicians are much greater than Pharmacy Assistants. Why spend 8-10 months earning your Pharmacy Assistant Diploma when you could not only earn your Pharmacy Technician diploma by also become a registered Pharmacy Technician (Pharmacy Assistants are not accredited).
Pharmacy Technician Career – One of the highest demand in Canada
Due to a shortage of registered Pharmacy Technicians, the demand for this profession is currently very high. In the long-term, as the average age of the population continues to increase, this demand is only expected to continue to rise.
The Pharmacy Technician Program Diploma Course Concentration:
- Student Success (20 hours)
- Introduction to Computers and Keyboarding (20 hours)
- CPR & First Aid (15 hours)
- Pharmacy Calculations (100 hours)
- Extemporaneous Compounding (75 hours)
- Anatomy, Physiology & Medical Terminology (75 hours)
- Pharmacology (100 hours)
- Medical Devices, Natural Health and OTC products (25 hours)
- Management & Inventory Control (25 hours)
- Pharmacy Law and Ethics (75 hours)
- Community Pharmacy Practices (75 hours)
- Long Term Care Pharmacy Practices (25 hours)
- Hospital Pharmacy Practices (75 hours)
- Aseptic Technique (50 hours)
- Final Review (20 hours)
- Career Success Toolkit (20 hours)
ABOUT NATIONAL ACADEMY
National Academy is a leading Career College with campuses in Mississauga, Toronto and Hamilton. Here, each individual is provided with tools, skills and opportunities to shape their tomorrow. We offer our students convenient class schedules, personalized class sizes, short program lengths, and qualified professional instruction.
National Academy, established in 1979, is a fully registered and approved, Canadian owned and operated College.
National Academy Funding Options
Students are eligible for up to five different funding options, including OSAP (students enrolled in the Physiotherapy Assistant diploma program may be eligible, if qualified, for loans, grants, or awards granted under the Ontario Student Assistance Program), EI, Second Career Payment Plans and even loans facilitated by us.
We also accept Aeroplan® Miles and TD Points via HigherEdPoints.