New Course: Pharmacy Technician Program Now Accepting Applications
October 31, 2012
National Academy of Health & Business, a leading career college with campuses in Mississauga and Hamilton, Ontario, was recently awarded the status of Qualifying Accreditation by the Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs (‘CCAPP’). This means that National Academy Pharmacy Technician graduates (and only graduates from other CCAPP programs) are eligible to become registered Pharmacy Technicians in Ontario.
The accreditation status from CCAPP is the result of a tremendous amount work put in by several individuals including National Academy employees and many external advisors. National Academy has also made a significant financial investment into its facility and equipment so that the new Pharmacy Technician program now has its own dedicated state-of-the-art 500 square foot laboratory.
According to Workopolis and Service Canada, Pharmacy Technician and Assistants are expected to be one of the highest demand careers in Canada. This is likely due to Canada’s aging population leading to a continued demand for healthcare and related services. In addition, new regulations in Ontario have given Pharmacy Technicians more responsibility, such as the ability to verbally accept prescriptions; the authority to operate a pharmacy independently in remote and more. These factors should also contribute to the demand for and increased compensation of Pharmacy Technicians in Ontario.
National Academy will offer its first Pharmacy Technician program on January 30, 2012 at the College’s Mississauga campus. Enrollment will be limited so prospective students are urged to apply early. The accelerated diploma program takes place over 40 weeks (including 8 week hospital and retail pharmacy job placement). The college offers up to five funding options, including OSAP (to those who qualify), Second Career, interest free payment plans, loans, etc.
National Academy of Health & Business is a registered career college with campuses in Mississauga (905 273 6656) and Hamilton (905 521 9991). The college has been providing Healthcare, Business and Law Enforcement training since 1979.
- National Academy voted Best Career College by View Magazine readers30 May 2012
- Mississauga Campus Open House with Spider Jones - December 8.30 May 2012
- New Course: Pharmacy Technician Program Now Accepting Applications30 May 2012
- Happy 33rd Anniversary To Us30 May 2012
- Great News for Students, Staff and NAHB!30 May 2012
- 165 Dundas Street West, 3rd Floor
- Mississauga, Ontario, L5B 2N6
- Phone : 1888 306 0991
- Email : email@example.com
- 31 King Street East, 2nd Floor
- Hamilton, Ontario, L8N 1A1
- Phone: 1.888.446.4649
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accounting and Payroll Administration Diploma
- Business Administration Diploma
- Office Administration Diploma