Early Childcare Assistant Careers
Do you want to make a real positive impact on your community? Early Childcare Assistants are some of the most sought after positions in healthcare, and qualified professionals will enjoy a fulfilling and rewarding career.
Currently half of all parents with preschool-age children work outside the home. Unsurprisingly, there is tremendous demand for high-quality child healthcare workers, with early childcare assistants among the most in-demand. If you’re a caring individual interested in fostering the emotional and intellectual growth of young children, now is a great time to start a rewarding early childcare assistant career. You could be taking advantage of several rewarding Childcare job opportunities in as little as 37 weeks.
Early Childcare Assistant career training at the National Academy of Health and Business is designed to prepare students for these tremendous career opportunities, with a mix of hands-on training and theoretical concepts.
Contact NAHB today to find out how you can get started in this exciting job market.
Early Childcare Assistant Job Duties
Early Childcare Assistants (ECA) can find employment in daycare centres, nursery schools, pre-schools, kindergartens, government and non-profit organizations and private homes. Some or all of the following duties performed by ECAs include:
- Conducting and monitoring activity programs designed for young children
- Preparing and serving snacks
- Arranging rooms and furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Developing and implementing daily activities that support and promote the development of children
- Assisting the supervisor in keeping records
- Maintaining day-care equipment and assisting in housekeeping duties
- Leading children in activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs, demonstrating the use of simple musical instruments, preparing craft materials and demonstrating their use, providing opportunities for creative expression through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical fitness, and taking the children to local points of interest
- Guiding and assisting children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Observing children for signs of learning disabilities or emotional problems and take appropriate action
- Assessing the skills, abilities, interests and needs of children
- Discussing progress or problems of children with parents and other staff members
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with other community service providers working with children
- Attending meetings and workshops to develop and discuss new teaching methods
For more information about Early Childcare Assistant Training:
Free Information Responses within 24 hours
- Your Career as a Physiotherapist Assistant: Overview and Salary26 Jun 2017
- Career Opportunities as a Physiotherapy Assistant25 Jun 2017
- Finding Work as a Personal Support Worker22 Jun 2017
- 4 Characteristics of a Successful Dental Assistant9 Jun 2017
- INTRA-ORAL DENTAL ASSISTANT: A GREAT CAREER CHOICE IN ONTARIO2 Jun 2017
- 165 Dundas Street West, 3rd Floor
- Mississauga, Ontario, L5B 2N6
- Phone : 1888 306 0991
- Email : email@example.com
- 31 King Street East, 2nd Floor
- Hamilton, Ontario, L8N 1A1
- Phone: 1.888.446.4649
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 20 Eglinton Ave East, 2nd Floor
- Toronto, Ontario, M4P 1A9
- Phone: 1.866.797.6312.
- Accounting and Payroll Administration Diploma
- Business Office Administration Diploma
- Office Administration Diploma