Community Services Worker Careers
Are you looking to make a positive impact on your community? Is helping people in your blood? A career in Community and Social Services could be a perfect for fit for you.
As a recognized Community Service Worker you’ll provide assistance to individuals and community organizations. Trained Community Services Worker can find work in social service/government agencies, group homes, school boards, mental health agencies, correctional facilities, and many more community work organizations.
Becoming a Community or Social Services Worker can be a truly life-altering career change, providing an unmatched, extremely rewarding and fulfilling professional life. A Community or Social Services career can also be financially rewarding, as Community Services Workers earn $20.50 an hour, on average (according to 2005 data provided by Employment Ontario), totaling full-time earnings of $41,089.
Community Services Worker training programs can help you start an important Community or Social Services career.
Community Services Worker Duties
Common careers for graduates of the NAHB Community Services Worker Diploma Program include addictions worker, childcare worker, life skills coach, community centre coordinator and more. Careers in this sector can involve:
- Meeting with clients to assess their progress, give support and discuss difficulties or problems
- Advising and aiding recipients of social assistance and pensions
- Providing crisis intervention and emergency shelter services
- Implementing and organizing the delivery of specific services within the community
- Implementing life skills workshops, substance abuse treatment programs, behaviour management programs, youth services programs and other community and social service programs under the supervision of social services or health care professionals
- Assisting in evaluating the effectiveness of treatment programs by tracking clients’ behavioural changes and responses to interventions
- Coordinating the volunteer activities of human service agencies, health care facilities and arts and sports organizations
- Interviewing clients to obtain case history and background information
- Counseling clients living in group homes and half-way houses, supervise their activities and assist in pre-release and release planning
- And more
For more information on Community Service Worker Training
Free Information Responses within 24 hours
- Why Ontario Needs More Personal Support Workers than Ever Before13 Aug 2017
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BECOMING A DENTAL ASSISTANT AT NATIONAL ACADEMY4 Aug 2017
- Earning a diploma in Business Administration is a smart move and the career opportunities are endless!28 Jul 2017
- Toronto Campus Open House - Tuesday July 24th23 Jul 2017
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BECOMING A DENTAL ASSISTANT AT NATIONAL ACADEMY17 Jul 2017
- 165 Dundas Street West, 3rd Floor
- Mississauga, Ontario, L5B 2N6
- Phone : 1888 306 0991
- Email : email@example.com
- 31 King Street East, 2nd Floor
- Hamilton, Ontario, L8N 1A1
- Phone: 1.888.446.4649
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 20 Eglinton Ave East, 2nd Floor
- Toronto, Ontario, M4P 1A9
- Phone: 1.866.797.6312.
- Accounting and Payroll Administration Diploma
- Business Office Administration Diploma
- Office Administration Diploma