DENTAL TREATMENT COORDINATOR (‘DTC’)
- Take your Dental Assistant, Dental Hygiene and/or Dental Office career to the next level.
- Only 13 weeks to an upgraded career that will use your previous Dental experience.
- $42,013 – $56,744 annual income, according to PayScale Canada.
- Government assistance available to those who qualify.
The Dental Treatment Coordinator Diploma Program prepares dental hygienists, dental assistants and dental receptionists to play a key senior role in the dental care team. Graduates of the program will provide an efficient and valuable service to a dentist and function as an integral part of a dental clinical health care team. The scope of responsibilities for this position has become increasingly comprehensive due to a competitive marketplace. Dental professionals now require employees who possess flexible and transferable skills in order to work in multi-level clinical practices. The Dental Treatment Coordinator will conduct and organize daily activities to facilitate the delivery of optimal dental health care, such as: dealing with finances, marketing and client relations, etc.
Management of all aspects of patient scheduling and flow as well as communications, administration of dental insurance claims and recall systems are also included in the training. Students successfully completing the Dental Treatment Coordinator Diploma Program will possess an advanced level of training in appropriate office responsibilities. This will provide the dental office/clinic with an employee who is capable, knowledgeable and highly skilled. Some specific pre-requisites are required prior to enrollment (see below).
- Duties & Responsibilities of the Dental Office Coordinator
- Patient Communication/Applied Psychology
- Dental Terminology Tooth Morphology
- Tooth Identification Numbering Systems
- Written Communications/Records Management
- Training in the Delivery of the Interpersonal Skills
- Understanding the Dental Chart/Dental Insurance
- Marketing of Dental Services
- Appointment Scheduling/Telephone Techniques
- Recall Systems
- Accounts Receivable, Payable and Banking
- Computers in Dental Offices
- CPR / First Aid (if required)
- The Job Search
Course Duration: 13 weeks
You must be a Dental Assistant, a Dental Office Administrator or employed as a Dental Treatment Coordinator. Prospective students will be assessed on an individual basis.
Graduates of the DTC diploma program have found employment in private dental offices, large dental clinics, hospital dental clinics, oral and maxillofacial surgeon offices, orthodontic offices, periodontal offices, dental supply companies, industrial health departments, military dental departments, and more. The National Academy of Health & Business has relationships with several employers and will use these contacts to help you become employed upon graduation.
For More Information of Dental Programs & Training
- Click here to request for more information from one of our experienced career counselors
- Dental Training Careers
- Dental Assistant Jobs
- Dental Assistant Diploma Training
Students are eligible for up to five different funding options, including OSAP (students enrolled in the Dental Treatment Coordinator program may be eligible, if qualified, for loans, grants, or awards granted under the Ontario Student Assistance Program), EI, Second Career Payment Plans and even loans facilitated by us.
We also accept Aeroplan® Miles and TD Points via HigherEdPoints.
Click here to request more information (response within 24 hours)
Free Information Responses within 24 hours
- Your Career as a Physiotherapist Assistant: Overview and Salary26 Jun 2017
- Career Opportunities as a Physiotherapy Assistant25 Jun 2017
- Finding Work as a Personal Support Worker22 Jun 2017
- 4 Characteristics of a Successful Dental Assistant9 Jun 2017
- INTRA-ORAL DENTAL ASSISTANT: A GREAT CAREER CHOICE IN ONTARIO2 Jun 2017
- 165 Dundas Street West, 3rd Floor
- Mississauga, Ontario, L5B 2N6
- Phone : 1888 306 0991
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- 31 King Street East, 2nd Floor
- Hamilton, Ontario, L8N 1A1
- Phone: 1.888.446.4649
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 20 Eglinton Ave East, 2nd Floor
- Toronto, Ontario, M4P 1A9
- Phone: 1.866.797.6312.
- Accounting and Payroll Administration Diploma
- Business Office Administration Diploma
- Office Administration Diploma