PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (PSW) COURSE
National Academy has been training Personal Support Workers (PSW) for over 20 years. Our average instructor has 15 years teaching experience teaching the PSW course and the support our students receive is always our number one priority. Along with several funding options, including Government Assistance, to those who qualify, NAHB should be your first choice.
The PSW course provides our students with the essential training needed to succeed in this extremely high demand and stable career. Our comprehensive program designed by the Provincial Government consolidates Health Care Aide Training, Home Support Worker training, Attendant Care Training and Respite Worker Training. NAHB’s PSW Course is also approved by the NACC.
NAHB’s course provides students with everything they need to start their new career upon graduation. Techniques, skills and information are deployed throughout the program to ensure our students are provided with the right balance of information and experience; this extensive program pairs knowledge with know-how building your confidence every step of the way.
PSW Course Concentration:
- Individuality of the Patient (each patient has different needs)
- Role of the Personal Support Worker
- Development of Interpersonal Skills
- Safety Standards
- Assisting a Person with Mobility
- Abuse Recognition and Required Action
- Household Management and Meal Preparation
- Optimal Support Requirements
- Care Planning
- Personal Hygiene Assistance
- Assisting the Family/Coping Mechanisms
- Cognitive Impairment and Mental Health Issues
- Assisting the Client in Managing their Ongoing Condition
- Medication Assistance/Administering and Educating
- Palliative Care
- Practicalities of Daily Living, Use of Specific Support Devices
- Diagnostic and Treatment Procedures
- Job Search and Placement Assistance
- Arranged Long-Term Care Placement and a Community Placement
- National Certification
- CPR / First Aid (included)
ABOUT NATIONAL ACADEMY
National Academy is a leading and award winning Career College with campuses in Mississauga, Hamilton and Toronto. Here, each individual is provided with the tools, skills and opportunities to shape their tomorrow. We offer our students convenient class schedules, personalized class sizes, short program lengths, and qualified professional instruction.
National Academy, established in 1979, is a fully registered and approved, Canadian owned and operated College.
NAHB Funding Options
Students are eligible for up to five different funding options, including OSAP (students enrolled in the Personal Support Worker certificate program may be eligible, if qualified, for loans, grants, or awards granted under the Ontario Student Assistance Program), EI, Second Career, Pay-as-you-learn payment plans, bank loans with our preferred lenders and even loans facilitated by us.