Pharmacy Technician Diploma (CCAPP Accredited) – 40 weeks
The Pharmacy Technician Diploma program at National has been Accredited by the Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs (CCAPP). This means that our graduates (and only graduates from other CCAPP programs) are eligible to become registered Pharmacy Technicians in Ontario.
The Pharmacy Technician Diploma Course Concentration:
- Student Success (20 hours)
- Introduction to Computers and Keyboarding (20 hours)
- CPR & First Aid (15 hours)
- Pharmacy Calculations (100 hours)
- Extemporaneous Compounding (75 hours)
- Anatomy, Physiology & Medical Terminology (75 hours)
- Pharmacology (100 hours)
- Medical Devices, Natural Health and OTC products (25 hours)
- Management & Inventory Control (25 hours)
- Pharmacy Law and Ethics (75 hours)
- Community Pharmacy Practices (75 hours)
- Long Term Care Pharmacy Practices (25 hours)
- Hospital Pharmacy Practices (75 hours)
- Aseptic Technique (50 hours)
- Final Review (20 hours)
- Career Success Toolkit (20 hours)
ABOUT NATIONAL ACADEMY
National Academy is a leading Career College in Mississauga and Hamilton. Here, each individual is provided with tools, skills and opportunities to shape their tomorrow. We offer our students convenient class schedules, personalized class sizes, short program lengths, and qualified professional instruction.
National Academy, established in 1979, is a fully registered and approved, Canadian owned and operated College.
National Academy Funding Options
The Pharmacy Technician Diploma program is eligible for up to five different funding options, including OSAP (to those who qualify), EI, Second Career, Payment Plans, Student Line of Credit and even loans facilitated by us.
We also accept Aeroplan® Miles and TD Points via HigherEdPoints.