DENTAL CHAIRSIDE ASSISTANT
DIPLOMA (Level 1) – 26 weeks
The Dental Chairside Assistant diploma Program (or Dental Assistant Level 1) is designed to provide the dental office with a knowledgeable and competent assistant. The program is a College level program approved by The Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities. Through comprehensive learning objectives and practical hands-on training, the graduate of this program will be technically qualified to provide the working environment with superior clinical skills.
Graduates of the Dental Chairside Assistant Program will be encouraged to write the Certified Dental Assistants examination through the Ontario Dental Nurses and Dental Assistants Association to become a certified Dental Assistant or C.D.A. Successful graduates will also complete the (Healing Arts Radiation Protection Act Module) and become H.A.R.P. certified.
Dental Assistant Course Concentration
- Dental Office Orientation & Terminology
- Head & Neck Anatomy & Physiology
- Tooth Morphology
- Disease Transmission & Oral Pathology
- Dental/Medical Emergencies & Pharmacology
- Preventive Dentistry & Nutrition, Communications/Psychology
- Clinical Chairside Procedures
- Dental Radiography (H.A.R.P.) The Healing Arts
- Radiation Protection Act of Ontario
- Oral Surgery & Endodontics
- Orthodontics & Fixed Prosthodontics
- Removable Dentures/Prosthodontics & Periodontics
- CPR / First Aid (included)
- The Job Search
- Clinical Work Placement
ABOUT NATIONAL ACADEMY
National Academy is a leading Career College in Mississauga and Hamilton. Here, each individual is provided with tools, skills and opportunities to shape their tomorrow. We offer our students convenient class schedules, personalized class sizes, short program lengths, and qualified professional instruction.
National Academy, established in 1979, is a fully registered and approved, Canadian owned and operated College.
NAHB Funding Options
Students are eligible for up to five different funding options, including OSAP (students enrolled in the Dental Chairside Assistant diploma program may be eligible, if qualified, for loans, grants, or awards granted under the Ontario Student Assistance Program), EI, Second Career Payment Plans and even loans facilitated by us.
We also accept Aeroplan® Miles and TD Points via HigherEdPoints.